Cygnus has an opening in its Engineering/Manufacturing Planning Department to develop detailed manufacturing/fabrication plans for their aerospace sheet metal and machine parts and assemblies. This entails writing step by step work order instructions to fabricate and assemble an array of complex small to medium size parts and assemblies, along with developing CAD and solid model plots to fully define all part features and dimensions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write detailed work order instructions for manufacturing plans.
- Use and read various blueprints, mylars, cad plots, specifications and other engineering documents.
- Conceptualize objects in a three dimensional reference plane.
- Extract all pertinent drawing views, notes, parts and materials.
- Check all associated specifications for requirements.
- Generate solid model geometry and / or CAD plots, using commercial software to fully define all necessary features and dimensions.
Position requires Specialized Education/Experience/ Skills and/or Knowledge:
- High School education or equivalent with reasonable math skills
- Handwriting must be clear and legible.
- Computer skills: Must be computer code literate, able to manipulate data, use various programs, understand software systems and procedures.
- Able to read, follow and understand blue prints, cad plots, solid model geometry and various customer specification requirements.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Able to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions.
- Able to troubleshoot and communicate will with others.
- Regular attendance as scheduled.
This is a full- time day shift position working 6am - 2:30pm or 7am - 3:30pm M-F
Benefits package available after 3 months: Medical, Dental, Optical, PPTO, 401K and life insurance.
Salary: Depending on Capabilities and Experience; Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company:
Cygnus, Inc. is a one-stop manufacturer of high quality precision aerospace sheet metal and machined parts including a full range of assembly capabilities and special processes. The Company’s strength, based on the “Cygnus Code of Ethics,” has proven as a significant competitive advantage over its competitors with emphasis on Teamwork, Trust and Communications, Total Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Wise Use of Resources. The Company has a long-standing reputation for being “The Supplier of Choice” with its major OEM customers winning numerous “Supplier of the Year” and Excellence Awards over the past 32 years.
Cygnus Inc. has a wide variety of manufacturing capabilities including CNC routers, CNC mills, CNC brakes and CNC waterjet, in addition to penetrant inspection, heat treat, alodine and anodize processing, painting and the assembly of sub assembly structures. The company has a very robust IT and quality department that is certified to AS 9100 Rev C and ISO 9001:2008 and additionally has Nadcap accreditation for heat treat, special processing and non-destructive testing. The Company employs approximately 100 employees in its 44,000 sq. ft. facility located in an ideal quality of life, small, Pacific Northwest resort community with year round outdoor activities that include spectacularly scenic hiking, boating, sailing, fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, and snowmobiling.